Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Treats for the Fire-Breathing Dragon and Something New

I just have to boast that after yesterday's post (haha, I rhymed--so clever) I was thinking about anger all day today. More specifically, I was thinking about recognizing and dealing with my anger and frustration. Which was good because my son was beyond testing my patience for most of the day. But I'm happy to report that not once did I snap at him. I actually managed to remain calm for an entire day of him waking up early, fussing, whining, screaming, throwing tantrums, refusing naps, refusing to have his diaper changed, refusing to put on clothes, refusing to take off clothes, fighting bed-time, and getting into everything he shouldn't in between these fits of mostly unknown origin.

Kids, right?

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with myself and felt the urge to share that pleasure. Now this fire-breathing mama-dragon has treated herself by sharing with you. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Now, for something new:

It turns out I have a lot of thoughts and opinions that I mostly prefer to express through the written word (as if you couldn't have guessed by my tendency to publish rather verbose blog posts). So, with that in mind, I think I'm going to start putting up reviews now and then for products I use that I have strong opinions about.

I'm also working on starting up my own little Etsy-based WAHM business. So I'm creating a lot of new things right now and if I can figure out how to post pictures of said "things," I will share them here as well. I'm sure it's not that difficult; I just haven't even attempted to look for the button I need to push to do it.

And on that note, I leave you until another day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, we've been dealing with anger a whoooole lot lately at Casa de Leigh. I think it's good to give up the idea of the "perfect attached parent", or whatever type of parent you strive for, and just let yourself be human. On the other hand, I completely applaud you for that day of not losing your cool. While we have to allow ourselves to be human, with that comes getting help for our anger and trying to express it in a way that does not harm our child. I'm working on that right now, because I notice that I feel almost so angry that I want Jacob to know that I'm mad at him, which I feel is unreasonable and unfair to do to my 17 month old. Kudos to you for keeping your head, and I must say that I always do admire how you seem to handle disasters with a sense of humor (at least from what I see, haha) and I look up to you a lot for that.

    ReplyDelete